We come together to worship each Sunday to find meaning in our lives, to create connections among us, and to become our better selves.
Unitarian Universalist worship formats vary by congregation. Our congregation’s style of worship is sometimes traditional and sometimes more contemporary.
A typical Sunday morning service at First Parish Church includes:
- Words of welcome
- A fellowship greeting
- The lighting of our chalice
- A “story for all ages” delivered by our director of Religious Education or guest
- Music (both vocal and instrumental) and group song
- A time for sharing our joys and concerns
- A sermon delivered by our minister (or, occasionally, a special guest)
- An offering to support the church and its work in the community
- Silent meditation or prayer
- Readings, poetry, or stories
Throughout the year, services may also include child dedications, a welcoming of new members, or a traditional Christmas pageant. Occasionally we come together for an evening service such as a Passover Seder or a celebration of the winter Solstice. Please check our calendar for a full listing of upcoming services.
We gather for worship each Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Dress is informal. We offer childcare for babies and toddlers and Sunday school for children and youth. After the service, we join together at the rear of the sanctuary for coffee and conversation. We look forward to welcoming you to First Parish.